Saturday, May 12, 2007

Allured by Spring


My new hanging basket! I can see it from my kitchen window!



Lilacs are in full bloom! The fragrance is amazing!


It has been way too long since I posted! My apologies. I shall try to do better.

First, my husband and I went to Missouri to visit my dad and his wife, as well as my oldest sister and several aunts, uncles, and cousins. Then when I returned, I was allured outside by spring! Couldn't help myself!

The days have been sunny and beautiful, so I have been pruning roses, planting my garden, and anything else I can find to do to stay outside. I love to visit the various garden centers and nurseries this time of year. The colors of blooming things are intoxicating.

The bird baths are filled with fresh water. My porch swing is hanging on the front porch. Want to stop by for lemonade or iced tea?



1 comment:

smilnsigh said...

Beautiful hanging basket! And Lilacs! Oh yes, I saw some yesterday, around these parts. We love 'em but they cause havoc with our Spring allergies so... Can only be loved, from afar.

I didn't used to have allergies, but I guess it's another non-perk what goes with {my} ageing. Poor husband has always had awful allergies, though.

Enjoy Spring. You can blog at any time of the year. :-)jjgnq

Mari-Nanci