Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July


Today is Independence Day. We are celebrating the Declaration of Independence and the founding of the United States of America. Flags and fireworks will abound all over this country today. Some towns and cities will have parades. Many will gather with family and friends for a picnic or a cookout. And most will wear clothing in either red, white, or blue. For me it will be a red shirt and white capris.

While I put out the flag and don my patriotic colors, I want to reflect of the freedoms that I hold dear. Often I take most of my freedoms for granted, but today I want to think about the high price paid in the past by others for the freedoms I enjoy today. Freedom is a glorious gift. Let us be grateful and thank God. (Yes, for many of us, in God we still trust!!!!)

1 comment:

Kerri said...

What a wonderful country we live it! ONE NATION UNDER GOD! Yes, indeed, many of us do still trust in God!!! Freedom certainly is a glorious gift.
Love your photo!